The 10th Leadership Development Programme conducted by the Africa Federation Capacity Building Group (CBG), concluded with transformational enhancement of energy in the participants in Antananarivo, Madagascar last month.
The workshop was conducted at the KSI Jamaat Antananarivo Imambargha over four days and facilitated by Sr. Mumtaz Ladak, Br. Shabbirhussein Khalfan, Sr. Maria Pattinson and Sr. Shama Dewji, supported by the following Developmental Facilitators: Sr. Sofia Bharwani, Br. Inayat Abbas Firdousi and Sr. Tahera Shivji, from the CBG of Africa Federation.
Thirty (30) Participants from Antananarivo Jamaat attended the 4-day intensive & interactive workshop stretching from 8.30 am to 9:00 pm every day which was conducted in Gujarati and French languages.
The Programme is based on Islamic Values such as:
- Understanding Self and Self Reflection
- Lifelong Learning
- Tolerance and Respect
- Supporting Others’ Growth
- Valuing Differences
- Collaborative Working
- Unlocking Self and System Potential
- Faith in Action
- Succession Planning
It covers various modules such as:
- Building Leadership Capacity
- Political Awareness and Integrity
- The Power of Visioning and of Purpose
- Presenting with Presence
- Power and Politics
- Personal Development Planning
Comments from Participants:
- LDP gave me inner peace. I had name, fame, money, family, business, everything. But inner peace was missing LDP gave me that.
- Have you seen an ant moving in a big container running here and there not knowing what it is looking for? Then when it realizes what it was looking for was itself or self-awareness it slows down and then settles. LDP gave me myself.
- This program was easy to follow, enlightening, fun and resourceful. I would highly insist and recommend others to take it.
- It is a place to help find solutions to your problems, family and community.
- It is good for learning the difference between tolerance and respect, for learning about integrity, our need to be in touch with our hearts and to be authentic. Thank you thank you, I feel much more at peace with myself.
- The program was exceptionally interesting. It has changed my way of life, my vision, my perception and my faith. I BEG all youth to take part in this program if they have lost hope or if they want growth within the community.
- LDP changed my vision of life. It helped me to improve myself, and have a different view of others opinions or visions. It helped me to find who I am at the bottom of my heart. I found my identity. THE REAL ME…..Thanks for giving me the chance to change my point of view! Roumana h.a.k
- An incredibly enlightening journey that gives me strength and hope to build not only the new Me but also to work for the evolution of our community. Refined and spiritual, the program has opened new paths and allows me to see the world from a different perspective. The calm, serenity and gratefulness we feel after the program are precious. Thank you to the capacity building team and the AFED for allowing us to experience those four unforgettable days! Shadia Lery
Sunday August 27th was the last day of the workshop which ended with testimonials from some of the participants and a certification ceremony that was graced by the Chairman of the Regional Council of Madagascar and Vice Chairman of Africa Federation from Madagascar, Alhaj Sheikh Haniphe Akbaraly as well as the Chairman of Antananarivo Jamaat, Alhaj Mounisse Raza Fidahoussen and Africa Federation Councillor, Alhaj Navazaly Molou. Also present were elders of our community in Antananarivo who witnessed the closing ceremony.
- The office bearers of Africa Federation and the administrative staff at the Secretariat in Dar es Salaam.
- The Chairman of Regional Council of Madagascar who is also the Vice Chairman of Africa Federation from Madagascar, Alhaj Sheikh Haniphe Akbaraly.
- The Honorary General Secretary, Alhaj Rizwan Abdoulmomin and office bearers of the Regional Council of Madagascar
- The Chairman, Alhaj Mounisse Raza Fidahoussen and the office bearers of Antananarivo Jamaat.
- LDP Coordinator Brother Irfan Yavarhoussen and Sister Shabnam Yavarhoussen.
- LDP Coordinator Sister Zaheda Taky.
- Capacity Building Team Facilitators:, Sr. Mumtaz Ladak, Br. Shabbirhussein Khalfan, Sr. Maria Pattinson, Sr. Shama Dewji, Br. Inayat Abbas Firdousi, Sr. Sofia Bharwani and Sr. Tahera Shivji.