Murtadhwa Self-help group was formed in July 2018 with a total number of 22 members. Officials registered the group and also opened a bank account to deposit their weekly savings. The group meets weekly to conduct savings. In order to gain knowledge on how to maintain records and also other aspects of the group, members requested the Mission to organize for a Module 1 Training.
Seeing the consistency of the group, Bilal Muslim Mission of Kenya organized a 5-day Module 1 training also known as Leadership and savings training for Murtadhwa Self-help group which consists of elder Men and youth in Bahakanda centre from 16th-20th October 2018. The training was facilitated by the head trainer of the Women group Sis. Sidi Nyota and assisted by Sis Kauchi Chifui.
Objectives of the group:
- To increase the economic productivity of youths in the community.
- Will assist members to develop important personal and interpersonal skills.
- The involvement of youth in the group will help reduce the risk of becoming involved in unsafe activities, such as using drugs.
- Promote team work.
Activities undertaken during the training:
- Officials were informed of their roles and duties.
- Interactive discussions, role plays, case studies and storytelling methods were conducted to understand their behaviors
- Team building exercise such as; problem solving, planning and communication activities were performed.
- Members and officials were taught how to maintain records such as: passbooks, register and weekly return forms.
- A work Plan was set up.
- Rules were laid down by the officials for all members to follow.
- Members purchased passbooks and recorded their savings during the training.
- The average attendance of participants per day was 16.
- Members and officials were co-operative and understood the process of report writing.
Bilal Muslim Mission of Kenya would like to thank all those involved in this training program.
Bilal Muslim Mission of Kenya
P.O. Box 82508 – 80100
Tel: 254 41 2229641
For news of our activities, visit www.kenbilal.org
Prepared by: Faraah Sumar