TOWARDS STRONG SOCIAL/SPIRITUAL COMMUNITY
The Africa Federation Tabligh Board (AFTAB) organized a two-day workshop titled Towards Strong Social/Spiritual Community for the constituent Jamaats. The underline goal of this program was to synchronize institutions to identify and address on the on-going social challenges for enhancing spiritual development of our community.
This program was also to create effective networking and provide a platform to discuss and address some of the contemporary issues as well as challenges pertaining to social vices facing the community in this globalized world under the influence of social media.
The workshop was attended by representatives of Arusha, CROI (Madagascar), Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Nairobi Jamaats. Also in attendance were the Vice Chairman of Dar es Salaam Jamaat Muslim bhai Meghji, the Vice Chairman of Mwanza Jamaat Mohamed bhai Moledina, the Chairman of Nairobi Jamaat, Zaheerabbas Khimji, Irphane bhai Badouraly from CROI Madagascar, Maulana Syed Adeel Raza the Resident Aalim of Dar es Salaam Jamaat and Sheikh Mahmood Daya.
The main areas of focus and discussion were;
- Children & Parenting by Sheikh Azim Shirazi
- Effectiveness of Mimbar by Seyed Mohamed Naqvi
- Stronger women to a successful society by Sheikh Nuru Mohamed.
Sheikh Shirazi, explained on the challenges faced in parenting of children in this modern day and age. Such as, digital addiction, kids temperament and lack of communication.
Seyed Mohamed Naqvi presented the challenges facing the mimbar to become effective such as misconceptions, incorrect cultural influence, present day issues from time to time not discussed – lack of use of technology & lack of relevance on subject presented.
Sheikh Nuru shed light on the challenges faced by women in our Community. He strongly emphasized on creating a good and effective system to address issues and support families facing these challenges.
He further expounded on various key issues such as abuse, lack of mutual goals/responsibilities, unrealistic expectations, protection and security.
Groups discussion were lead under the mentorship of the speakers in each table
After a two day’s active deliberation, an action plan was agreed upon to address the challenges based on below;:
- To conduct mental health survey thereafter create awareness based on the results
- To create children subcommittee under Tabligh Board
- To facilitate programs involving children & parents
- Encourage Camps for young parents
Mimbar: (Evolution with Time)
- To organize periodic compulsory meetings of scholars to address contemporary issues
- Supplement platforms should be encouraged such as, forums; retreats & seminars
- Content and its authenticity should be addressed in scholars meeting.
Women (family Affairs):
- Creation of a subcommittee for support services
- Investing & supporting the education of experts
- Building mindset & values for family life
- Creating awareness for different forms of abuse as well as inculcating values and building correct mindsets for family life.