CIRCULAR NO: AFED/10/16
Under the provisions of article 16 (a) of the Constitution of the Africa Federation, in my capacity of Chairman of the Africa Federation, I am pleased to appoint Alhaj Hussein A. Karim as the Honorary Secretary of the Africa Federation for the current term; 2016 – 2019.
Alhaj Hussein Karim was born on 5th October, 1963 in Zanzibar, Tanzania. He is married with five children.
He did his Primary education in Singida and Secondary education at Mawenzi Secondary School in Moshi. Thereafter he pursued IB at International School Moshi. He also studied Law at the Open University of Tanzania while in Moshi. He operates a successful business venture in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
For a number of years, Hussein Bhai served in several public, religious and charitable institutions involved in social services to communities, thereby acquiring wide-ranging of experience in the office administration, personnel management and public relations.
Following is a synopsis of the voluntary services to the institutions which he has been involved with since year 1987.
- 2010-2016: Member of the Marriage Reconciliation Board of KSI Jamaat, Dar es Salaam
- 2010-2012: Vice Chairman of the Central Medical Board (CMB) of KSI Jamaat, Dar es Salaam.
- 2000-2009: Chairman of WIPAHS and of Waliul Asr Education Centre, Kibaha.
- 2003-2007: Founder Member and Chairman of MEDWELL, a Charitable NGO, Kibaha.
- 1987-1999: Hon Secretary Moshi Chamber of Commerce & Industry.
- 1992-1999: Hon Secretary and Director, Board of Directors; School Board Member, Mt. Kilimanjaro School in Moshi.
- 1989: Hon Secretary, KSI Jamaat, Moshi.
Hussein Bhai’s past experience and the knowledge acquired in the institutions he was involved with in the past shall be an added advantage to the position he will assume following this appointment.
On behalf of the Office Bearers, Trustees, the Secretariat staff of the Africa Federation and on my own behalf, I welcome Hussein bhai Karim to the team; by virtue of this appointment he becomes an Office Bearer of the Africa Federation.
We extend our heartiest congratulations to him on his appointment and wish him every success and prayers in carrying out his responsibilities with prudence and dedication.