Caretaker cum Manager – Arusha, Tanzania
The Federation of KSI Jamaats of Africa (AFED) is looking for an energetic and suitably qualified candidate with sound experience to fill the above newly established post for the AFED buildings in Arusha.
Candidates having the required qualifications, experience and skills should apply in confidence.
Purpose of the post:
The primary role of the Caretaker cum Manager is to oversee the proper and efficient maintenance, safety, security and management of the AFED buildings in Arusha, Tanzania and to keep the AFED Trustees, AFED Secretariat and Arusha Jamaat well informed on the overall status of the buildings.
Scope of the post:
The incumbent shall be required to supervise subordinate staff/operators to ensure good quality maintenance, cleanliness and hygiene is maintained all the time, including safety and security of the residents of the buildings and also the buildings.
The incumbent shall be required to maintain up-to date records of the assets and reports of maintenance, services and incidences that may occur in the buildings.
He shall also be responsible to maintain the monthly accounts of receipts and expenditure relating to the buildings.
Day to Day Operations – Hon. Secretary of KSI Jamaat of Arusha
Administrative/Policy Matters – Operations Manager, AFED Secretariat.
To carry out the following activities effectively and efficiently:
- To safeguard the AFED properties against all claims and/or damages.
- To ensure compliance with all the Regulatory and Statutory requirements of the Government and the Municipality Authorities in regards to the buildings and properties.
- To ensure strict compliance to Operating Standards and Management Services of the AFED buildings in Arusha.
- To ensure all payments are made on time in respect of insurance, taxes, levies and the utilities bills of common areas of the various services for the buildings.
- To monitor the performance of the subordinate staff and operators, prepare monthly duty roster and set targets for delivery of services.
- To maintain up-to date accounts of all monetary receipts, payments and petty cash in hand provided for minor nature of expenditure and payments.
- To report to the concerned authorities on any loss or damage to the property and occurrence of any kind of incident relating to the residents or to the third party.
- To work closely with the Hon. Secretary of KSI Jamaat of Arusha as the first point of contact, on all matters pertaining to the operations, maintenance and services of the buildings.
- To coordinate closely with the Operations Manager/Accounts at AFED Secretariat in Dar es Salaam on all matters pertaining to staff and operators personnel issues, salaries, levies etc.
- To coordinate closely with the Hon. Secretary of KSI Jamaat of Arusha and Operations Manager/Accounts at AFED Secretariat on collections of rents/service charges etc. from the occupiers of the apartments, shops or godowns in the buildings. To submit monthly statement of the same.
- To coordinate and ensure prompt services are provided by the companies for the equipment in the buildings, i.e. elevators, stand-by generators, water pumps etc.
- To ensure the following are carried out effectively and efficiently:
- Safety and Security of the residents and the buildings
- Maintenance, Services, Cleanliness and Hygiene of the buildings.
- The security guards, staff and workers report on duty on time and in smart attire.
- Carry out routine physical inspection of all floors and other sections of the buildings, including the common facilities like the staff changing room etc.
- Maintain a Standard Inspection Check-List to record all findings and action required for each item; like repairs, replacements etc.
- To report promptly occurrence of any kind of incidence in the buildings.
- To submit monthly reports of maintenance and services to the relevant people.
- Maintain proper control over cash movements, receipts and payments and submit the monthly report to the Operations Manager/Accounts at AFED Secretariat.
- Maintain good relationships and good communications with all residents, Secretariat of KSI Jamaat of Arusha, AFED Secretariat, staff, neighbours and city authorities.
- To assist the Operations Manager at the AFED Secretariat to renew licenses, permits etc.
- To carry out any other duties assigned by the Operations Manager at AFED Secretariat/Hon. Secretary of KSI Jamaat of Arusha as appropriate.
- Form VI candidates with good results.
- Technical College graduates with good results may also apply
- 2 to 3 years experience in similar fields will be an added advantage.
- Be Computer literate.
- Good analytical and negotiation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Competency in prudence and communication skills.
- Good command in both spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
Behaviour and individual attributes:
- Dynamic, Productive and self starter.
- Self-Motivated, Enthusiastic and Creative.
- Team player with leadership skills.
- High integrity level.
- Knowledge of the community structure and intricacies.
- Ability to work under pressure with strict deadlines.
- Salary is negotiable.
- Successful candidate will be provided with accommodation in Arusha.
Mode of application/Closing date:
Job application letter enclosing a detailed latest Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of Certificates, personal telephone contact and email address should be forwarded to:
The Honorary Secretary
The Federation of Khoja Shia Ithna Asheri Jamaats of Africa
P. O. Box. 6710
Bibi Titi Mohamed/Olympio Street
Application should reach the above latest by 15th June 2014.