More Opportunities Available for Students after Expansion of the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
The Education Board of Africa Federation is pleased to announce the expansion of the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP) to include additional courses. The HELP scheme will now be made up of 2 tiers: Tier A & Tier B, each with different conditions and requirements.
The current HELP scheme caters for full undergraduate and postgraduate degrees with limited coverage for associate degrees, professional courses, higher/advanced diplomas and online courses. The restructuring of the scheme and addition of a second tier will:
- Improve access to tertiary education
- Provide additional flexibility for students (especially those who have family commitments)
- Incentivize more students to study further.
Overview of the Expanded HELP
This is similar to the current HELP scheme, with the key condition being that the loan recipient is studying for a full bachelors or master’s degree with teaching conducted primarily in person/face-to-face.
This new tier will include shorter programmes and will also cater to fully accredited online degree programmes.
- The Education Board reserves the right to make the final decision on whether the loan falls into Tier A or Tier B.
- The loans are subject to the terms and conditions mentioned in the Frequently Asked Questions FAQ, and communicated to respective Jamaats periodically.
If you have more questions about the Africa Federation Higher Education Loan Programme (HELP), please go through our Frequently Asked Questions FAQ which will take you through the application process and provide an overview of what’s required. Alternatively, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your Jamaat’s Higher Education Representative.