REF: EB/SH/08/18                                                       

Free Tuition Fees in Germany

Why Study in Germany

• High academic standards and well organized study programs
  • International degrees, i.e. Bachelor’s and Master’s
  • Courses taught in English, additional German language courses. 
  • No tuition fees and a remarkably affordable living standard. (However, this doesn’t apply to the private Universities around the country where there is no ground standard and tuition fees vary depending on the institution.

FAQ’s - What you need to know about studying in Germany

I want to apply for admission to a bachelor’s program. What do I have to do?
The first thing to do is to find out whether your university entrance qualification is recognized in Germany. The DAAD admission database can help you with this. You can obtain more specific information about other countries and certificates at Anabin. This database contains information on how foreign secondary school-leaving certificates are evaluated. It provides all relevant information, e.g. whether your certificate will be recognized and whether you will need to meet further requirements. The final decision is always made by the university, to which you apply. Therefore, we recommend asking the International Office at the University of your choice whether you meet all the requirements.

How do I find a suitable degree program at a university?
For English-language programs, check out the DAAD database of International Programs
You will also find information about application procedures. For general information, visit the website applying to German university

How much money do I need for my living expenses in Germany?
Compared to other European countries, the cost of living in Germany is quite reasonable. The prices for food, accommodation, clothing, cultural events, etc. are basically in line with the EU average. You will need around 670 euros per month to cover your living expenses. The largest expense is your monthly rent. In most cases, applicants have to prove that they have around 8,700 euros at their disposal for one year.

How do I get a visa to study in Germany?
Some international students require an entry visa for Germany depending on where they come from and how long they plan to stay.
For more information about visa requirements, contact the German embassy in your home country. Click here to get Visa Information.

Do I need a health insurance?
Health insurance provides the certainty that the costs of medical care and medications do not have to be paid privately in the event of an accident or illness. It is mandatory to have health insurance in Germany. International students must present proof that they have health insurance when they enroll.

For more information please contact student services at your higher education institution in Germany. Many student services offer service packages for international students. These include not only housing and meals, but often also arrangements for health insurance.

The DAAD offers combined health, accident and personal liability insurance for trainees, students and academics who come to Germany. DAAD scholarship holders receive this insurance automatically.

What are my chances of finding a job after my studies in Germany?
With a degree from a German university, you have numerous job opportunities on the German labor market. On our website you can find more information about how to launch a successful career in Germany.  

Are there any Shia Centers in Germany?
Yes there are a few Shia centers in different cities in Germany. Click here to get addresses of the Centers.

Education Board of Africa Federation Student Liaison in Germany
Shiraz Munawar Hassanali - Tel No: 0176 2320 9899
Email: shilu1991@hotmail.com / shirazmunawar43@gmail.com

For any questions or queries, please email us at: education@africafederation.org

SECRETARIAT
Education Board of the Africa Federation

Please bear with us while the Africa Federation Website undergoes some essential maintenance works.

afedDonateOnline

Join Our Mailing List

The Africa Federation is a member of The World Federation of KSIMC, an NGO in Special Consultative Status with the ECOSOC of the United Nations

© Africa Federation | Site By LMNO.co.uk | SiteMap | feed-image RSS