Job Opportunity Available
Job Title: Accounting Officer
Job Description: The Accounting Officer is responsible for all areas relating to accounting functions. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements, tax returns and other relevant reports required by the Institution (Employer).
This position addresses deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, fixed asset register, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation, compliance to the regulatory requirements and the support of management reporting required by the Institution.
The Accounting Officer will have direct contact with the Institution’s internal and external stakeholders which require high level of motivation, commitment and professionalism.
Qualification: Certification from a reputable Institution
Skills and Behaviors Required:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a reputable organization/company.
- Good knowledge of the accounting software package – “Quick Books”
- Fully computer literate including MS Excel and MS Word
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills - ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Understands the concepts of philanthropy
- Able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Committed to the overall vision and mission of Africa Federation
Salary: Good package shall be offered to the right candidate based on his/her qualification and experience.
Method of Application:
Applicants should submit job application letter with the latest Resume and names of two referees to:
The Honorary Treasurer
The Federation of KSI Jamaats of Africa
P. O. Box: 6710
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Closing Date for applications: 15th October 2015