For the first time within its own facilitation resources, the Capacity Building Group of Africa Federation conducted a Youth Development Programme (YDP) for the Graduates of Husayni Madrasah Girls Section, upon request of the Madrasah Management and Tabligh Committee of Dar es Salaam Jamaat.
28 Girls ranging from 16 years to 18 years among the graduates from this year participated in this leadership development programme, which is specially designed and created for the youth. The programme was held over the weekend of 29th & 30th October 2016, facilitated by Sis. Shama Dewji and Br. Shabbir Hussein Khalfan, the AFED CBG Facilitators.
The following modules were covered in the 2 days training:
- Capability and Capacity
- Overall Programme Goal
- Supporting Others' Growth
- Tolerance and Respect
- Understanding Self
- The Iceberg
- Knowledge Paradox
- Andragogy and Pedagogy
- People or Objects?
- Presenting With Presence
Comments from Participants – ‘What I Liked the Most was…..’
- Getting to know others and myself more
- How easy it was to communicate with the Facilitators
- The professionalism and content
- The presenting with presence
- The elaborate explanations
- Understanding Self – Iceberg, MBTI and Leadership Practice
- The self-realization part
- The way they encouraged me in doing public speaking
- The amazing examples