“When you educate a man you educate an individual; when you educate a woman, you educate a whole family.”
Bilal Muslim Mission of Kenya organized a six day combined module 2 training also known as Business Management training for all new members in Zainabiyya Women Group-Masongaleni, Rahma Women Group – Kilungu and Masumin Women Group – Nzavoni in Ukambani area.
This comes after the groups went through the Module 1 training – Leadership and savings skills which was conducted early this year.
The module was facilitated by
Sis Sidi Nyota and Sis Kauchi Chifui.
Sessions on Islamic Religious Education was also held during the training and it was facilitated by Sis. Zainab Iddy.
The Average attendance of the participants per day was 41.
Activities undertaken during the training:
- Topics like ‘Marriages’, ‘Divorce’, ‘Khums’, ‘Wudhu’, and ‘Salaat’ were discussed under the Islamic Religious Education (IRE) sessions.
- Issues pertaining types of businesses, Profit & Loss in a business, cash control, SWOT analysis and the 6 P’s of Marketing were taught through interactive discussions, role plays, case studies and storytelling.
- Work Plan of each group was set up at the end of the workshop
- The groups understood how to start a businesses and how it should be managed so as for it to be successful.
- Combining the training proved to be a good initiative as the members learnt a lot from each other during intervals.
- IRE sessions opened members’ eyes and the groups learnt a lot more that they were not aware of.