By the Grace and Blessings of the Almighty (SWT), the 26th Triennial Conference and the 78th Supreme Council Session of the Federation of KSI Jamaats of Africa was successfully hosted by KSI Jamaat Dar es Salaam from 29th April to 1st May 2016 at the Ladies Imambargha.
The sessions were attended by over 150 delegates, councilors and invitees from constituent Jamaats from mainland Africa, Madagascar, Reunion, Canada, Dubai, India, Malaysia, U.K. and USA. Dignitaries who attended the Meeting include World Federation, NASIMCO, Council of European Jamaats (COEJ) and Pakistan Federation.
The Opening Ceremony on Friday night commenced with the recitation of verses from the Holy Qur’an by Br. Ali Murad Mohsin.
Alhaj Bashir Dewji, Chairman of the Organizing Committee delivered the opening address followed by welcome address by the President of Dar-es-Salaam Jamaat, Alhaj Azim Dewji.
Alhaj Anwarali R. Dharamsi, the outgoing AFED Chairman addressed the gathering, the full text of his address was distributed to all present. His address followed an official Induction of the Incoming Chairman, Alhaj Shabir Najafi who then presented his vision and goals for the new term; 2016 – 2019. Dr. Asgar Moledina, President of the World Federation also addressed the gathering during the Opening Night.
PRESENTATIONS AND AWARDS:
Below; Alhaj Shabir Najafi the Incoming AFED Chairman presented a Hyderi Medal, the top most Medal in the Institution, was awarded to Alhaj Anwarali Dharamsi in recognition of his distinguished and exemplary services and for his devotion and contributions towards the development of our Community.
The outgoing Chairman, Alhaj Anwarali Dharamsi bestowed Husseini, Abbasi and Fatemi Medals to eight prominent members of the Community in recognition of their honorary selfless services to the community and humanity at large. Citations for each of the recipients were read out giving a brief chronicle of their outstanding achievements and significant contributions; they are:
- Alhaj Navazaly R. Molou Madagascar Husseini Medal
- Alhaj Anver Merali Alibhai Dar-es-Salaam Husseini Medal
- Alhaj Gulamhussein Mukthar Arusha Abbasi Medal
- Alhaj Amir Somji Arusha Abbasi Medal
- Alhaj Amir Merali Mombasa Abbasi Medal
- Alhaj Munir Daya Dar-es-Salaam Abbasi Medal
- Sis. Khairun Alibhai (Mama Keki) Dar-es-Salaam Fatemi Medal
- Sis Fatma Rajwani Dar-es-Salaam Fatemi Medal
The Chairman, Alhaj Anwarali Dharamsi acknowledged and appreciated Member Jamaats who have played prominent roles in organizing events of the Africa Federation. They were presented with “Token of Appreciation” by the Federation, they are:
- Mombasa Jamaat: For hosting the 76th Supreme Council Session in April 2015
- Dar-es-Salaam Jamaat: For hosting the 26th Triennial Conference and 78th Supreme Council Session in April 2016.
He also presented Token of Appreciation to all his Office Bearers, Trustees, Heads of the Boards, Sectional Heads, Electoral Commissioners and Secretariat Staff.
Below; the Outgoing AFED Chairman presents token of Appreciation to the Office Bearers who served under his Chairmanship in 2010-2013 and 2013-2016 for their support, cooperation and dedication towards the development and progress of the Federation, they are:-
- Shabir Najafi – Vice Chairman from Mainland Africa
- Navazaly Molou – Vice Chairman from Madagascar Territorial Council
- Amine Nassor – Vice Chairman from Reunion Territorial Council
- Mohamed Hemani – Hon. Treasurer
- Aunali Khalfan – Hon. Secretary
- Kumail Manji – Asst Hon Secretary (2013-2015)
- Alihassan Kassam – Asst Hon Secretary (2015-2016)
- Aliabbas Nasser – Asst Hon Treasurer (2015-2016)
The following were elected at the elections conducted by the Electoral Commissioner:
Vice Chairman Aunali Khalfan
Hon Treasurer Mohamed Hemani
Anwarali Dharamsi Tanzania
Mehboob Versi Tanzania
Sultan Molu Kenya
Ebrahim Jaffer Kenya
Ebrahim Kassam Uganda
Mohamed Manji Uganda
Electoral Commissioner Gulamabbas Khaku Mombasa
Internal Auditor Mohamed Lalji Dar-es-Salaam
External Auditor Assad Associates Dar-es-Salaam
The Chairman Alhaj Shabir Najafi made the following appointments:
Alihassan Kassam Hon Assistant Secretary
Aliabbas Nasser Hon Assistant Treasurer
The Conference Agenda included the presentation and adoption of the Accounts, Minutes, Resolutions and the Board Reports for the term, 2013 – 2016.
The Amendments proposed by the Secretariat to the Africa Federation Constitution were also deliberated and approved.
The Resolution presented by the Secretariat seeking a renewal for the Resolution of the Management of Property Portfolio for a further period of (3) three years to the next Conference in 2019 was also deliberated on and adopted.
The Secretariat and the Boards made presentations of the reports for the term ended 2016; the power point presentations were brief and informative:
- Secretariat Report: Aunali Khalfan
- Archive Section: Murtaza Jivraj
- Capacity Building Group: Mumtaz Ladak
- CROI – Madagascar: Navazaly Molu
- UAKSIR – Reunion: Amine Nassor
- Accounts, Budgets and Trust Board Report: Mohamed Hemani
- Africa Youth Network (AYN): Muntazir Meghji / Aliraza Sumar
- Central Bilal Board (CBB): Mohsin A. Lalji
- Bilal Muslim Mission of Tanzania: Amir Ahmed
- Bilal Muslim Mission of Kenya: Mujtaba Peera
- Bilal Muslim Mission of Uganda: Mohsin A. Lalji
- Central Health Board (CHB): Farhan Yusuf
- Economic and Housing Development Board: Akil Hirji
- Editorial Board: Munir Daya
- Education Board: Samir Habib
- Sports Council: Mahmood Somji
- Tabligh Board: Seyed Hassan Naqvi
- Women’s Board: Fatim Somji
The AFED Secretariat extends its appreciation and gratitude to the Dar-es-Salaam Jamaat Managing Committee, the Organizing Committee, Ladies Managing Committee, Dsm Jamaat Youth Development Committee and all the Volunteers for the organization and excellent services rendered throughout the sessions.
We also wish to thank the World Federation, Regional Federations of NASIMCO, COEJ and PAKISTAN for their attendance and providing valuable contributions in the deliberations in the Conference and Supreme Council Sessions. We are also thankful to the delegates from the Member Jamaats, Councillors, Afed Boards Chairmen and Chairwoman, Afed Sectional Secretaries and Respected Invitees for their presentations and attendance which has added great value to the overall objectives of the Conference and Supreme Council Sessions.
We are grateful to the sponsorers from our Community from Dar es Salaam and Mombasa for their financial and material support towards the organization of the Conference.
We pray to Allah (SWT) with His infinite Grace and Blessings to reward all those who in one way or the other have contributed to the success of the Conference and Supreme Council Sessions, we pray for their good health, long life and every success in their endeavors – Ameen.