Central Bilal Board (CBB) delegation comprising of the Chairman, Alhaj Hussein Karim and Hon Secretary, Alhaj Hassan Dewji accompanied by AFED past Chairman Alhaj Ramzan bhai Nanji visited Bilal Muslim Mission of Uganda from Thursday 23rd January to Sunday 26th January 2020. Haji Saheb and Murtaza bhai Sikiladha also joined the trip.
The newly appointed Bilal Uganda Board had a meeting with CBB delegation, on January 23rd. The meeting was also attended by AFED Chairman, Alhaj Shabir bhai Najafi.
Visit to Centers
The CBB delegation was accompanied by Alhaj Asim Morvi, past Chairman of BMMU, and BMM Uganda Chief Missionary visited several Shia centres in Eastern Uganda on Friday, including the Khoja Mosque in Jinja now used by Bilal and Ikulwe Islamic Ahlul Bayt Foundation, found by the Late Shaheed Abdulqadir. On Saturday the delegation went to Western Uganda and visited Nansana, Mujunza and Kassanda. On Sunday The BMM Uganda Chairman Alhaj Haider bhai Ali and Alhaj Mustafa bhai Kanji also joined the delegation to visit Kaibundaire Centre.
Work being undertaken by Bilal Uganda
- BMM Uganda has done a lot of good work in external Tabligh, winning the hearts of the people as well as followers.
- BMM Uganda continues to conduct Tabligh work in other centres too where mubaligheen were appointed, some of the work was very impressive.
- BMM Uganda continues with charity work of distribution of food during the Holy month of Ramadhan as well as distribution of used clothes.
Future plans of BMM Uganda
- BMM Uganda will come up with a short and 5-year long term plan for Tabligh in Uganda and areas that they need to work, including the possibility of BMM Uganda acquire a piece of land of between 10-50 acres to build a good center for Shia, comprising mosque/Hussainiya and some madressa/primary school classes. Future expansion to secondary school or orphanage or clinic can be looked into as and when need arises. Extra land may be used for some income generation activities.
- In short term BMM Uganda will work on the revival of Jinja hawza for boys, and take students from different parts of Uganda ethnic diversity. Good students can later be sent to other hawza.
- Similarly, several girls of different ethnicity could be sent for Mubaligha training. This could be done immediately.
- Current Tabligh efforts will continue in formally organized with common Syllabus, examinations, inspection, etc. CBB will assist in sharing the best practices in this area.
Vote of Thanks
We wish to thank all BMM Uganda members and Kampala KSI Jamaat management for very cordial and warm hospitality extended to CBB delegation from arrival to the time we departed.
Our gratitude also to Alhaj Shabir Bhai Najafi for joining the delegation, we extend the same to Alhaj Ramzan Nanji, Haji Saheb and Alhaj Murtaza Sikilidha.
February 1, 2020