Eid Ul Ghadeer is considered as the greatest Eid in the Islamic History observed to commemorate the succession of Imam Ali (‘a) upon being appointed by the Prophet (S.A.W.W) while returning after his last pilgrimage.
Bilal Muslim Mission of Kenya conducted the Eid Ul Ghadeer Program in Ar-Ridhwa Centre, Mtongwe on Sunday 01st August 2021.
A total of 200 people attended the program. Several people including; various sheikhs from Bilal Centres, Student of Hadi University, Government Officials, Christians led by the Head of Interfaith Ecumenism Fr. Richard, Community members and several online participants via zoom were in attendance. The main theme adopted from the Eid ul Ghadeer that was delivered to the congregants by different speakers was unity among human beings irrespective of their religion, race and other social or cultural status.
This event was also streamed live on Bilal Muslim Mission Social media platforms; Facebook and YouTube with more social Media audience following and commemorating.
Below are some of the activities conducted during the event:
- Qur’an recitation; which was done by Ust. Nassoro Salim.
- Poetry; which were recited by Br. Zubair, Sister Ruiya and Madam Mbodze Masudi.
- Lectures from four different speakers who were: Sheikh Musa Shali; Fr. Richard, Sheikh Hamisi Muhammed.
- Online lectures via ZOOM led by Dr. Beheshti.
- Distribution of water fresh drink water to less fortunate families both Muslims and Non.Muslims.
- Offering of books with Ghadeer message led by Br. Abdulrazaq.
- Tabaruk/Niyaz was distributed in form of take-away to avoid crowd.
Bilal Muslim Mission of Kenya appreciates the generous support and assistance received from various donors to ensure a successful run of this program.
The Mission also thanks all those involved in the preparation and delivery of this event.
Bilal Muslim Mission of Kenya
P.O Box 82508 -80100
Tel: +254 735 402711
Prepared by: Faraah Sumar