MUHARRAM PREPARATORY SEMINAR – 1444 AH/2022:
EFFECTIVE DELIVERY OF THE MESSAGE OF IMAM HUSSEIN (a.s)
Bilal Kenya, in conjunction with Hadi University (Dr. Hamed Beheshti & team) organized a two-day online training camp on 28th – 29th July 2022, for the shuyukhs on how to best conduct the Muharram majalis. The program was held at the Bilal Hall in Mombasa, Kenya via the Zoom platform.
The program was conducted in Arabic with one lecture delivered by Dr. Beheshti in English. A total number of 35 invitees participated from amongst Bilal Kenya staff and Shuyukhs from other Shia centers.
Apart from the introductory speeches, a total of 9 lectures were delivered as shown below:
THE PROGRAM OUTCOMES
Participant Shuyukhs’ comments at the workshop confirm very successful learning sessions. Some of the salient points are:
- The use of the Arabic language as the medium of instruction that is commensurate with and suits the culture of mubaligheen.
- The usage of audio-visual teaching aids is more effective and enjoyable as well.
- The highly qualified teaching skills and prowess demonstrated by the facilitators.
- The instructional method applied by the instructors was interactive.
- The handouts provided by all the facilitators gave more exposure for refinement of all that was learned.
- The sheikhs’ involvement in their modes of conducting Muharram programs.
- Short notice that made it difficult for participants to prepare fully.
- Technical problems at the start of the workshop especially during opening session making it difficult to understand and follow the lecture in English.
- Lack of proper equipment for instance microphones for participants to engage fully.
- Conflict with ongoing Bilal Kenya programs as the workshop was held during end month which is a set date for internal staff meeting.
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE FUTURE:
- Hosting such camps more often and not necessarily only during the season of mourning the Master of the Martyrs, Imam Hussein (A.S).
- Holding such professional Husseiniyyah training camps for more than a couple of days.
- Holding such camps with facilitators in person since it’s real, physical, and more effective.
- Forming a WhatsApp wall for further communication, bonding and continuous learning between the participants and the lecturers.
- Follow up and continued discussion and sharing of reference materials in regards to propagation and management.
We extend our appreciation to the donors who sponsored this Workshop, an important initiative in propagation of the teachings of Ahlul Bayt (a.s). May Allah S.W.T grant you tawfiq and many blessings.
Bilal Muslim Mission of Kenya
P.O Box 82508 -80100
Tel: +254 713 280 813
Prepared by: Yusuf Abwanzo & Shk Ali Njoloi