- Muharram majlis were held from 30th July to 8th Aug 2022 at Bilal Hall Mombasa.
- Men majlis were conducted from 5pm-6pm by Sh. Jaffar Hinzano, Sh. Muhammad Dumila, Syd. Twahir Muhammad, Sh. Ali Bahero and Sh. Juma Shughuli.
- Sis. Ruiya Salim and Sis. Latifah Muhammad conducted ladies majlis from 11am-12pm.
- Both ladies and gents majlis were streamed live across all our digital platforms.
- 3 daily majlis (Madrasa kids, gents and ladies) were held in our 15 satellite centres.
10 DAYS MAJAALIS AT BILAL CENTRES
The tragedy of Karbala remains an important turning point in the history of Islam. All the 15 BMMK centres conducted majaalis to commemorate the tragedy of Karbala for the first 10 days of Muharram. The majaalis were stipulated into three sessions;
- Morning sessions –Madrasa Students with the main teachings based on the history (tarekh) of Karbala and how to be steadfast in their faith in times of trials.
- Afternoon Sessions-Ladies Majlis, also focused on the contribution of women in Karbala and beyond and how to foster social justice in our communities as mothers.
- Evening Sessions-Gents Majlis, conducted after magribain Salat with the main focus on how to fight injustices in our society in reference to the history of Karbala.
The lectures were delivered by different Mubaligheen who had exchange programs from other nearby Centers. Their presentations were very well received by the community which has practically transformed the community in preparedness towards misconceptions about Shia Aqedah (Islamic Theology).
BILAL HALL MAJAALIS
The topic discussed by our keynote speakers included the lifestyle and political life of the Holy Prophet (S) and the Imams (a.s). On a daily basis an average of 250 people attended the majlis.
ONLINE STREAMS AND ENGAGEMENT
Both streams and engagements are impressive on all our digital platforms. All the majlis were live on YouTube, Facebook and Twitter simultaneously.
Statistics on respective platform as shown below:
Above table show social media statistics on engagements and views during Muharram Majalis. The media team has built an online audience that depend on our streams and posts for information relating to the majlis. In conclusion, the majalis had a good number of attendance and viewership. The locals and online community are benefiting abundantly.
The Bilal Muslim Mission of Kenya appreciates the generous support and assistance received from various donors to ensure a successful run of this program.
Bilal Muslim Mission of Kenya
P.O Box 82508 -80100
Tel: +254 713 280 813