A delegation comprising of the Chairman of Central Bilal Board, Alhaj Mohamed Hemani, Chairman of Bilal Muslim Mission of Tanzania, Alhaj Hussein Karim, visited Rwanda from 19th to 23rd October 2022 as part of CBB mandate to strengthen AFED External Tabligh and support to the community at large.
They were joined by AFED Vice Chairman Alhaj Aunali Khalfan from 8th to 10th November 2022 for their visit to Malawi.
The purpose of these visits was to explore the possibility of working with local institutions in the relevant countries to strengthen Tabligh and Islamic charity work.
Amongst the issues discussed for cooperation were:
- Financial assistance to the Shuyukh who are struggling to sustain in the difficult living conditions.
- Using common Madressah syllabus.
- Assisting in training and supervision of Madressah.
- Assisting the local community with basic humanitarian services like wells, Ramadhan Food Distribution to the needy, etc.
- Microfinance training to the ladies and supporting education for the youths.
The meetings held were fruitful and we hope the cooperation programs to start running from January 2023.
The Central Board of Bilal wishes to thank all the staff on ground in Kigali and Lilongwe for the organised arrangement of visits and meetings.
We pray for the successful cooperation with these institutions and the tawfiqat to continue the noble work of spreading the religion of Islam and the Madh’ab of Ahlulbayt (‘a), Ameen.
Central Bilal Board
5th January 2023