“When you educate a man you educate an individual; when you educate a woman, you educate a whole family.”
Bilal Muslim Mission of Kenya organized a six day combined module 2 training also known as Business Management training for all new members in Zainabiyya Women Group-Masongaleni, Rahma Women Group – Kilungu and Masumin Women Group – Nzavoni in Ukambani area.
This comes after the groups went through the Module 1 training – Leadership and savings skills which was conducted early this year.
The module was facilitated by
Sis Sidi Nyota and Sis Kauchi Chifui.
Sessions on Islamic Religious Education was also held during the training and it was facilitated by Sis. Zainab Iddy.
The Average attendance of the participants per day was 41.
Activities undertaken during the training:
- Topics like ‘Marriages’, ‘Divorce’, ‘Khums’, ‘Wudhu’, and ‘Salaat’ were discussed under the Islamic Religious Education (IRE) sessions.
- Issues pertaining types of businesses, Profit & Loss in a business, cash control, SWOT analysis and the 6 P’s of Marketing were taught through interactive discussions, role plays, case studies and storytelling.
- Work Plan of each group was set up at the end of the workshop
- The groups understood how to start a businesses and how it should be managed so as for it to be successful.
- Combining the training proved to be a good initiative as the members learnt a lot from each other during intervals.
- IRE sessions opened members’ eyes and the groups learnt a lot more that they were not aware of.
Comments from the participants
“We are very happy and thankful to the Mission for bringing us the Module II training in our area. We have learnt how to handle profits and losses in our businesses, analyze our business, the importance of feasibility study before starting a business and the benefits of keeping records. On the other hand we also liked the IRE sessions where we got to learn the roles of women in their homes.”
Members from Rahma Women Group, Kilungu
“We would like to thank the Mission for bringing the second module of training in our area. The training has benefitted the members who had joined earlier as the sessions conducted were a reminder to what they had been taught earlier when the group had begun. The new members also benefitted from the sessions taught as it expanded their knowledge in businesses.”
Members from Zainabiyya Women Group, Masongaleni
“Members of Masumin Women Group appreciate the Missions efforts to bring Module II training in our area. The members have benefitted a lot from both the business management and IRE sessions.”
Members from Masumin Women Group, Nzavoni
Bilal Muslim Mission of Kenya would like to thank Facilitators and all those involved in this training program.
Bilal Muslim Mission of Kenya
P.O. Box 82508 – 80100
Tel: 254 41 2229641
For news of our activities, visit: www.kenbilal.org