Africa Federation (AFED) delegation led by the Chairman, Alhaj Anwarali Dharamsi and accompanied by the Vice Chairman, Alhaj Shabir Najafi, the Hon. Secretary, Alhaj Aunali Khalfan and Chairman of AFED Tabligh Board (AFTAB) Seyed Hassan Naqvi visited Kinshasa Jamaat from 1st to 3rd March, 2015, this being the first visit to Kinshasa by the present AFED office bearers. Prior to this, Alhaj Mohamed Dhirani and Marhum Zulfikar Khimji visited Kinshasa.
The Kinshasa Jamaat is a well established Jamaat having a beautiful Mosque and Imambargha, which also houses the Madressah for boys and girls on the first floor. There are presently 270 gents, 120 ladies and 110 children. The Registered members of the Jamaat currently stand at 165.
There is a gradual increase of members each year; they are mainly youngsters who come to DRC for employment and business.
On Monday, 2nd March 2015 a meeting was held with the Managing Committee and the Board of Trustees (BOT) of Kinshasa Jamaat.
It was a fruitful meeting in that various issues and topics concerning the Jamaat, Board of Trustees and AFED were discussed, notable subjects discussed were:
- Higher Education Loans, its conditions and processes, visa application and support letter, information about Universities and Colleges, also the facilities available in Manipal, India and Malaysia for our students.
- Development projects of the Jamaat, i.e. expansion of the Imambargha due to the growing number of members of the Jamaat and likewise Madressah extension to accommodate extra classes and students respectively and a plot for Kabrastan. AFED Chairman explained on the subject of Hukook funds and the need for its centralization.
- Good foundation of Islam, spiritual well-being and higher religious studies for the children was stressed, AFTAB Chairman explained on the new joint initiatives of the WF Federation with the Regional Federations in developing a program – The Madressa Centre of Excellence (MCE), which encompasses holistic approach to the needs of Madressahs in all Jamaats in all Regions.
- Jamaat with the support of the BOT should look into long term safe, reliable and sustainable commercial projects for the Jamaat that will bring in steady income to fulfill its needs and make the Jamaat self-sufficient.
- Review of the current Jamaat constitution which was adopted in 1983, to take into account the present needs and considering that the dynamics of the community consistently changes since then and requires review and new direction.
- The need for effective two-way communications and sharing of information was pointed out as an important element. Also, Jamaat’s full participation in events and programs being organized by AFED was stressed, this would be an opportunity also to build stronger bonds/networking.
Alhaj Anwarali Dharamsi invited Chairman of Kinshasa Jamaat, Alhaj Arif Gulamabbas and Chairman of the Board of Trustees, Alhaj Safdar Chatoo and their Committee and Board Members to attend the 76th Supreme Council Session which is being held in Mombasa from 1st to 2nd May, 2015.
The external Tabligh is carried by Sheikh Zaidi Hussain who has been a resident in Kinshasa for almost 20 years started the external Tabligh activities in 1994.
With the support of the community members and well wishers from other Shia community, he has established Al Qa’eem Islamic Foundation having about 500 local Shia brothers registered in this Institute. The Centre also runs Madina tul Ilm Primary and Secondary School having 1,120 students and 27 teachers, they also teach religious classes.
AFED delegation visited thE school and had the opportunity to talk to some students and teachers. The school requires major rehabilitation and expansion to accommodate the large number of students who apply for admission each year while the capacity is not enough to accommodate them.
Other Centres are Masjide Aále Yasin (near the airport), Markaz Misbaul Hooda, Zainabia Clinic and also organizes inter-faith programs which is normally attended by 20,000 to 25,000 people.
The Chairman and members of Africa Federation delegation wishes to express their sincere gratitude to Kinshasa Jamaat and its members for their kind hospitality and for the warm welcome. We also wish to thank the host, Alhaj Saeed Vazir, a veteran member of KSI Jamaat of Kinshasa for wonderful hospitality, Alhaj Saeed Vazir is also the Hon. Secretary of the Board of Trustees of the Jamaat.
We pray to Allah (swt) by His infinite grace and mercy to shower His choicest blessings on our community members in the DRC and elsewhere for their good health, long life, peace and prosperity – Ameen.
We pray to Allah (swt) to give them all the strength and tawfeeqat to continue with the noble work they do for the community and grant them greater success in their future plans of development, Insha’allah.