A MULTINATIONAL DEALING WITH TECHNOLOGY WITH BRANCH OFFICE IN DAR ES SALAAM / TANZANIA IS LOOKING FOR A SALES MANAGER
REPORTS TO: Commercial Regional Manager
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
In accordance with the company’s commercial policies and strategy for Account Management, as defined by Commercial Regional Manager:
- Initiate, follow-up and lead all stages of the sales cycle from prospecting to closure of sales deals in order to meet or exceed the established sales targets, visiting/calling clients and performing product demos as required, liaising/coordinating the various company departments to ensure prospect support and satisfaction.
- Build, develop and maintain structured relationships with account decision-makers in order to develop opportunities, retain, and expand business within the accounts, liaising/coordinating within the internal organization to ensure customer needs and requirements are met to a highest degree.
- Build, develop and maintain relationships with the client to promote products, visiting/calling clients and performing product demos as required to maximize loyalty from the agents themselves.
- Understand deep customer needs both at decision-makers level and channel this knowledge to Management and Product Management/ Marketing departments.
- Liaise with Sales administration support, Product Management, Operations Management and Finance teams at critical phases during sales & account management process (especially negotiation and deal-closing phases) in order to ensure correct client activation and product and services delivery.
- Manage new clients ensuring correct activation and customer profitability.
- Assume full commercial responsibility for clients in portfolio.
- Comply with objectives set by Commercial Regional Manager, achieving expected revenue, profitability, and satisfaction levels in portfolio.
- Maintain a high level of current knowledge of the product portfolio and the benefits of specific products for each targeted customer segment as well as of other segment-relevant information (trends, strategy, competitors, pricing, etc.).
Internal Reporting & Knowledge Sharing
- Provide weekly planning and reporting on activities to Commercial Regional Manager using different tools.
- Transmit relevant client, market and competitor information, as well as product functionality requirements to Regional Commercial Manager.
- Retention target (as percentage of total portfolio)
- Revenue Diversification targets
- Migration targets
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Education: University Degree
Knowledge, Skills, experience:
- Selling experience B2B in complex services / products of at least 4 – 5 years.
- Language: English and local language fluent
- IT knowledge functional level. Comfortable with IT jargon and on-line world
- Solution selling (consultative selling)
- Should have good relationship building skills and communication skills
- Commercial skills with a systematic approach to sales
- Business vision to understand client’s requirements.
- PC skills
B – Beginning
M – Maturity
E – Excellent
- To obtain approval for commercial proposals, including on products and services offering, to customers
- To obtain support in key customer negotiations
- To ensure timely deployment of products and solutions for key clients when required.
- To obtain a clear understanding of the product portfolio and the benefits of different products for each customer / prospect.
- To ensure product related information and customer requirements are communicated for on-going improvement of products
- To transmit client demands in order to formalize them in contracts.
- To ensure the collection of product and service fees by part of the department.
- To guarantee the resolution of all client implementation issues or questions that may arise.
- To transmit training needs and work with the training department
- To communicate with Helpdesk to try and identify specific weaknesses in functional knowledge
- To coordinate with IT team to ensure the hardware and communications needs of the customer are met.
Finance & Admin
- To coordinate with finance team to ensure that customer invoices are being paid
This position will attract a competitive salary package.
Applicants are invited to submit their Resumes in sealed envelopes in person or via post to the Africa Federation office, Dar-es-salaam and address to:
The Economic and Housing Development Board
C/O Africa Federation Secretariat Office
P.O Box 6710
Corner of Olympio Street/ Bibi Titi Mohammed Road
Closing Date: 30th June 2015