Bilal Muslim Mission of Kenya organized a three day Refresher training course for Swabrina and Shufaiyya women group at Kichaka centre from 19th-21st July 2018. These trainings have been proving to be playing an essential role to empower the women in the local community. All Sessions in this training were facilitated by Sis Sidi Nyota and Sis Kauchi Chifui.
Various topics on Islamic Religious Education were also conducted by Sis. Hadija Kamanza. This was done to broaden their religious knowledge.
The average attendance of participants per day was 37.
The main objectives of the training were:
- To identify and solve group problems
- Team Building
- Analyze the roles of office bearers
- To enhance communication amongst members
- Setting guidelines for future activities
Activities undertaken during the training:
- Islamic Religious Education lectures were conducted on topics like: Najis, types of najis and Twahara
- Importance of committee performing their duties was discussed through interactive discussions, role plays, case studies and storytelling.
- A work-plan was set-up for all members to follow to enable a smooth flow of activities
- Members were able to attain an extensive knowledge on Islamic religious education topics that were taught
- Two members were selected to assist the secretary for filling in the passbooks, registers and preparing reports when she is not available.
- They all agreed to have a weekly contribution to cater for the group expenses.
- To ensure members keep paying their loan repayments on time
- All members agreed to assist each other and work together
Comments from participants:
“Sessions taught during this training were very relevant to the current status of the group. This had made me realize where we were going wrong, and also come up with ideas on how to solve problems” – Tima Shee, Member
“After the training, all officials were made aware on importance of working together which we will now all work towards- Saumu Kokoto, Official
“As a member I do play an essential role in the group as mentioned in the training. I will make sure to keep attending weekly meeting and conduct savings which will boost the performance of the group. – Mwanakombo Shee, Member
Bilal Muslim Mission of Kenya would like to thank all those involved in this training program.
Bilal Muslim Mission of Kenya
P.O. Box 82508 – 80100
Tel: 254 41 2229641
For news of our activities, visit www.kenbilal.org
Prepared By: Faraah Sumar