Bilal Muslim Mission of Kenya organized a 5 day module 1 training also known as Leadership and savings training for Mujtaba women group in Miamba centre from 24th-28th July 2018. Sessions on Islamic Religious Education were also held during the training which was facilitated by Sis. Mariga Kuto. The average attendance of participants per day was 22.
Objectives of the training:
- Maintaining records; passbooks, register and weekly return forms
- Enhance communication skills among members
- Identify roles of office bearers
- Team Building
- Analyze the saving process
- Setting guidelines for future plans
Activities undertaken during the training:
- IRE sessions were conducted on topics like: Hijab
- Issues pertaining group formation, importance of group discussions, roles of the officials, savings, Importance of meeting weekly were taught through interactive discussions, role plays, case studies and storytelling.
- A work Plan was set up.
- All members agreed to meet every Saturday to conduct savings as well as discuss any issues pertaining the group
- Rules were laid down for all members to follow
- All officials were made aware of their roles and duties to ensure a smooth flow of activities.
- Members learnt on the importance of record-keeping
- Members attained a handful of knowledge on various Islamic Religious Education topics.
“This training has helped us revive and reform the group. I now realize how important communication is to enable members be united and aware of all decisions made which was previously lacking in the group” – Amina Rocha, Member
“After being part of this 5 day training I am now able to identify the savings process well and I will do my best to oversee I am following the procedures as required – Mbeyu Mrisa, Member
“This group has helped us benefit in many ways such as: loans to uplift our businesses, goats to rear and the saving process. After being part of this training, I have gained a lot and will perform my duty as an official in line with the constitution set by the group” – Fatuma Juma, Official.
Bilal Muslim Mission of Kenya would like to thank all those involved in this training program.
Bilal Muslim Mission of Kenya
P.O. Box 82508 – 80100
Tel: 254 41 2229641
For news of our activities, visit www.kenbilal.org
Prepared by: Faraah Sumar