The Mission conducted a Module III – Credit training for three days from 24th to 26th November 2015.
This is conducted after the group has gone through the Module 2 training – Business Management which was conducted mid this year.
The module included sessions on:
- Introduction to loans
- Rules and regulations of taking loans
- Revolving of loans
- Importance of taking loans
- Repayments of loans
- Loaning procedures
- Duties of the loans committee
- Selection of the loan committee and
- Baseline data collection
The module was facilitated by Sis Sidi Nyota and Sis Kauchi Chifui.
A session on Islamic Religious Education was also held during the training and it was facilitated by Sis. Mwajuma Mwadada. Topics discussed were: Rules of salah and things that invalidate salah (prayer).
- IRE sessions were beneficial as members learnt on the basic rules implied when performing the daily salah.
- Members understood the objectives of borrowing loans.
- The group learnt on how to maintain their savings records by using a passbook.
Comments from the participants
“The training was very good and useful as we learnt on the importance of maintaining records and different ways on how we can benefit by borrowing loans. We are thankful to BMMK for conducting such trainings and increasing our knowledge” – Mwanasiti Kirua.
Bilal Muslim Mission of Kenya would like to thank all those involved in this training program.
Bilal Muslim Mission of Kenya
P.O. Box 82508 – 80100
Tel: 254 41 2229641
For news of our activities, visit www.kenbilal.org