CBG OF AFED CONDUCTS CAPACITY BUILDING WORKSHOP FOR BILAL MUSLIM MISSION OF TANZANIA
The Africa Federation Capacity Building Group (CBG) had organized workshop for Bilal Muslim Mission of Tanzania (BMMT) for enhancing the Organizational Structure of BMMT, especially in the field of Management, Communications and Development of Organizational Skills.
The event took place on 14th November 2015 at Mehfil-e-Abbas (AS), facilitated by Brother Shabbirhussein Khalfan and Sister Mumtaz Ladak from CBG.
Vision of BMMT: To Propagate effectively the true Madh’ab of Ahlulbayt (A.S).
The objectives of the workshop were:
- For each participant to understand the vision of BMMT.
- For each team member of BMMT to recognize his/her strength and weakness and identify areas in which they require development.
- To be able to work to his/her full potential in jobs/role given to the individual.
- To support and motivate each other and work collaboratively as a team to accomplish the vision of the BMMT.The workshop was divided into two sessions; the first session was the ice breaker.
The activities involved were:
- Self awareness.
- To apprehend that every individual perceives the same “ultimate” goal differently.
The Second Session started with each participant introducing themselves and their role and responsibilities in the Organization.
The Session continued after prayer and lunch. The second half of the Session focused on each participant reviewing their core roles and responsibilities in their work field.
This proved to be an extensive and eye opening exercise; facilitating each one to develop accountability for their roles in the organizational structure.
The team building activity was carried out with a yarn of wool and balloons, representing the organizational structure. The activity was carried out in groups of five.
Reflections after the activity:
- Team spirit amongst the team members.
- Support and motivation for each other.
- Delegation of work.
- To be able to take a step back when necessary.
The culmination of the whole workshop was on the feedback session with the facilitators and participants’ together. The sitting around in a circle during the feedback was informal and comfortable.
The reflections by each participant on the following two questions, was the highlight of the feedback session:
- One key awareness of BMMT you will take after this session.
- One significant contribution that you will make towards BMMT henceforth.
The feedback from each participant was very informative and inspiring. Everyone came out with renewed energy and enthusiasm to work towards achieving the objective of the Mission’s Vision.
We shall organize a similar Workshop involving administrators and staff from other Branches of BMMT and from Bilal Comprehensive School, Temeke.
The Mission is grateful to the Capacity Building Group (CBG) facilitators for conducting the Session, the Administrator for all the arrangements done and the Africa Federation Secretariat for their support and encouragement. We also wish to thank KSI Jamaat of Dar es Salaam for the venue.
Bilal Muslim Mission of Tanzania
P.O. Box 20033, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Tel: +255 22 2120111 – 2122419