NEURO-PSYCHOLOGY OF LEARNING (NPL) PROGRAM HELD IN REUNION
The Africa Federation Tabligh Board (AFTAB) in collaboration with the World Federation Madressah Centre of Excellence (MCE) and UAKSIR – Reunion Association organized and conducted two sessions of Neuro-Psychology of Learning Program (NPL) in Saint Denis, Reunion from 12th to 16th June 2019 for Madressah teachers.
The workshops were facilitated by the CBG AFED team led by Br. Shabbirhussein Khalfan together with Sis. Shama Dewji of Dar-es-Salaam and Zahida Taki, NPL facilitator from Reunion. A total of 44 teachers were trained in 2 cohorts.
This initiative has greatly helped to elevate the participants in their teaching approach and expectations were met to achieve the desired results. This being the first training to be carried in 3 languages namely English, Gujarati and French.
Teachers attending the program were very appreciative and energized. The Head of Reunion Madressah, Alhaj Akber bhai Jivan remarked that “This is crucial not only for teachers in teaching but also in their personal lives, in Madressah, in families, in Jamaats and the Community at large”.
The NPL program is a two-day course aimed at helping teachers better understand themselves, their students, and how to positively inspire the next generation.
NPL focuses on a learner-centred approach to education, which means lessons are centred on each individual child. A combination of formal and informal processes such as collaborative learning (learning something together) and role-modelling creates an attitude that respects differences and self-awareness that children and young people benefit from.
Feedback from Participants on what they liked the most:
- It was actually very effective, enthusiastic and there was a lot to learn, looking forward to more sessions.
- I understood about different personalities and to give benefits to others before we judge them.
- What I adored was the fact of finally being able to know myself, who I really am because without knowing myself, I cannot know others.
- I liked most of the activities and working with different people.
- I liked the ambience, the friendly and relaxed environment and the card activities.
- Learnt a lot from the hands-on approach and practical activities
We are very grateful to Africa Federation for supporting the program, UAKSIR – Reunion Association and Saint Denis Jamaat for hosting the event.
We are also thankful to the Facilitators Br. Shabbirhussein Khalfan Sis. Shama Dewji and Sis. Zahida Taki for their efforts and valuable they have provided to reach out and the Teaching Personnel for attending and contributing positively during the entire session.
AFRICA FEDERATION TABLIGH BOARD (AFTAB)
12th July 2019