To coincide with the auspicious occasion of Eid el Ghadeer, the
extension of Al Muntazir Nursery School operating under CBE of KSI Jamaat of
Dar es Salaam was opened in Dar es Salaam on 3rd March 2002. This
school has a capacity to house up to 950 children in 22 classrooms.
The school which was first registered under Ithna-Asheri Union was known as Union Nursery School which started in 1956 at the old Dar es Salaam Jamaat office at Asia Street. It was in the 70s the School was moved to the Boarding House along United Nations Road where one wing was occupied by the Seminary Secondary School. The President of Ithna-Asheri Union at the time was late Alhaj Abbas Jaffer Alloo who had a brilliant foresight and determination to bring up the standard of Union Nursery School, by the grace of Allah (s.w.t.) this was achieved. The School grew in size along with number of students, likewise the performance of the School also improved rapidly. The long serving headmistress of the Nursery School was Mrs. Batul Jaffer whose efficient administration made the Nursery School as one of the best in Dar es Salaam.
Under the leadership of Alhaj Aliraza K. Rajani, then the President of Dar es Salaam Jamaat requested Ithna-Asheri Union to handover the School to KSI Jamaat to become Al Muntazir Union Nursery School so that all education institutions came under one umbrella of CBE of KSI Jamaat. Ithna-Asheri Union members at their AGM consented the move, this was in the 80s.
As the school grew, it was felt necessary to have suitable location for the Nursery School. The new school was therefore built under the auspices of CBE of KSI Jamaat of Dar es Salaam near Muhimbili Hospital on a plot donated by Alhaj Mustafabhai Kassamali Nasser in 2001.
The opening ceremony commenced with recitation of the Holy Qur’an and Hadith e Kissa to bless the occasion. The Master of Ceremony, Br. Mushtaq Damji briefly outlined the history of the school following which CBE Chairman, Alhaj Habibbhai Virani addressed the gathering of over 150 people that included various dignitaries.
He thanked the donor of the plot, Alhaj Mustafabhai Kassamali Nasser for his philanthropic gesture and the building would be called the Ashrafbai memorial Building in memory of his late wife.
The President of Dar es Salaam Jamaat, Alhaj Asgherbhai Bharwani also thanked Alhaj Mustafabhai for his kind gesture, the plot had also been acquired to serve as a playground for school children. He thanked Alhaj Mehboob bhai Versi for donating half the cost of that plot.
He said that in following with the teachings of the Holy Quran and Ahadiths of our Aimmah (a.s.) the Jamaat has given education a high priority.
After the speeches, Alhaj Mustafabhai Nasser unveiled the curtained plaque to endorse the official opening of the school. Thereafter salat was offered prior to lunch being served.
Below are some of the photographs of the students of the school provided by the kind courtesy of Mrs. Sayyedah Manji, current Principal of Al Muntazir Union Nursery School:
Source: Dar Samachar Volume 1 Issue No. 2 of April 2002/Safar 1403AH
Article preparedby Murtaza Jivraj (Kerbala)
AFRICA FEDERATION ARCHIVES SECTION
12th June 2020 (20th Shawwal 1441 AH)