The students’ performance seminar is usually held on a yearly basis with the purpose of bringing together all students sponsored by Bilal Kenya. This years’ theme was on enhancing performance and the role of Islamic morals in instilling discipline in learners. Attending students were Bilal sponsored students in secondary schools and up to tertiary levels of education, i.e. vocational training, colleges and universities. A total of 50 students attended the seminar at Bilal Hall, Mombasa on 6th October 2021.
- To analyse and interpret the performance of the students for the whole year and ways for improvement.
- To assist students in identifying practical learning skills and concepts that will promote students’ academic success.
- To encourage the students to explore the linkage between the student, sponsor and parents’ roles and responsibilities.
- To appreciate diversity among the students from different areas/zones and creating room for exchanging/sharing ideas
- Islamic Morals, Etiquette and Discipline.
- Target Setting & Exam Preparation.
- Performance, Commitment and Dedication.
- Role Models and Benefits of Scholarship
Motivational speakers, education officers, Alumni and sponsored students of the Bilal Muslim Mission of Kenya attended the seminar and were given ample time to interact with the students. They all dealt with different topics which highly motivated the students, leading to most of them opening up on their experiences in school. It was a moment to equip the learners with necessary approaches on how to deal with challenges they came across during their learning experiences. Additionally, students were urged not to forget their religion as it is beneficial in both this world and the hereafter.
- Improve attendance: we are looking forward to accommodating more students for future seminars subject to strict adherence to Covid-19 guidelines.
- Time frame: the participants requested for additional time. This is to create room for interaction between the presenters and students and also be able to cover more topics.
- Performance monitoring: Improving seminar output by closely monitoring performance of the students who get a chance to attend the seminar.
- To provide a wide range of opportunities to students for improvement, interaction, character building and career guidance.
- To guide students to reach higher targets and goals in life and taking lessons from the experiences shared by various role models in different fields.
This program is very educative for the students and if held over one or two weeks on a yearly basis, it will have a positive impact on students’ performance. We also look forward to increasing school visits to encourage learners and give more educational talks.
The Mission appreciates the generous support and assistance it has received from WFED and other various donors and looks forward to your continued support in all our activities in the future and also thanks all those involved in the organization and facilitation of the program.
Bilal Muslim Mission of Kenya
P.O Box 82508 -80100
Tel: +254 222 9641
Compiled by: Saida Mueni