KONDOA ANIMAL SCHEME
Kondoa district has a population of nearly 438,000 individuals who live in 91,500 households. About 87,500, or 95 percent, of these households are located in rural areas; the remaining 5 percent (roughly 4,000 households) are found in areas classed as peri-urban.
The District poverty rate is 24 percent; in other words, one quarter of the households have a consumption level below the Basic Needs Poverty Line. Poverty rate is significantly higher in rural than in peri-urban areas; while in rural areas the residents of 25 percent of households live under the Basic Needs Poverty Line, in peri-urban areas this proportion is only 6 percent.
In fighting against the poverty, the management of the Bilal Muslim Mission of Tanzania has launched the animal keeping scheme in some of the centers for the community members as means to uplift the economic standard for the poor and needy families within the district.
Overall 120 Goats has been distributed to a total of 40 beneficiaries in Kondoa Town, Chemba (Chandama, Isusumya, Haubi, Chekanao and Mrijo) another province include Chiwel, Dalai, Masawi and Kisawi. Overall the cost of the project was T.shs. 8,400,000 ($ 3,621).
A female goat normally delivers twice within a year, in the following year we expect more than 400 goats for the whole project with the estimation of six goats to every individual. The cost of the goats varies depending on the area and season. Selling of goats will generate a lot of income which will assist the individual to acquire their basic needs.
Speaking on behalf of the Kondoa Community, Sheikh Abdullatif Swaleh thanks the management of the Bilal Muslim Mission of Tanzania for their efforts towards economic development to the individuals in Kondoa, as this mark the Tabligh development in the respected District.
We pray to the Almighty to give us Tawfiq to serve humanity better Insha’Allah.
Bilal Muslim Mission of Tanzania