Housing Development Board of Africa Federation (2022 – 2025)
Building a Vibrant, Sustainable and Progressive Community.
Together we shall progress.
Aim & Objective:
The aim and objective of this Board is to focus and work towards the housing needs of our community members in the constituent Jamaats of Africa Federation (AFED) in consistent efforts, mainly towards the low and middle-income earning families. The Board operating under the auspices of AFED shall make best endeavors to improve the economic well-being of the members in our constituent Jamaats by collaboration to create investment portfolios so that the Jamaats can ultimately become self sufficient enabling them to fulfil the needs of the Jamaat and of their members.
- Targeting minimum of 150 (families) of low and middle-income earners across all constituent Jamaats under AFED to become home owners/facilitate accommodation by the year 2025 subject to the needs, requirement and support/cooperation from the constituent Jamaats.
- To facilitate Rent-to-Own Housing Scheme mainly for low and middle income earners.
- Assessing the housing needs by carrying out housing survey using modern methods/technology and share with Jamaats to plan accordingly based on the results and needs.
- The Board shall meet periodically and discuss with constituent Jamaats under AFED to understand the needs of their respective members, analyze the resources available and provide guidance where required.
- The AFED Housing Development Board in collaboration with overseas charitable organizations, trusts and individual donors will facilitate to build at least 50 clean- water bore holes across our region each year for the next 3 years. Pursuant to our efforts and mission to provide humanitarian services to the local communities who are facing acute shortage of clean water.
- Together with the AFED office bearers to evaluate and strategize how to increase the Africa Federation investment portfolio in our region.
- To carry out a review and recommend a plan to the AFED office bearers of all non-performing assets of Africa Federation in order to transform/re-invest or redevelop them into income-generating assets for long-term benefits of AFED.
The Planning Process:
To guide the planning process and subsequent implementation of a project, we shall adopt an approach of Ask · Align · Act. We will continually “ask” Jamaats for their input, in that Jamaat’s voice is vital towards the implementation of a project; “align” stakeholders around issues and solutions to create a unified voice to leverage resources; and “act” on the impact areas outlined in our plan.
We shall develop good network protocols to visit and ask questions about the needs and the available resources in the Jamaats thereby compile and share the survey with the respective Jamaats. This will enable us to share the ideas, understand the needs of the Jamaats and ‘act ‘on it by pursuing it forward together to achieve common goals.
For the Investment Portfolios in the Constituent Jamaats – the Board will invite respective Jamaats under AFED who are prepared to work towards the roadmap on the optimum utilization of their assets aligned with the Aims and Objectives stated here above.
Insha’allah the contents of this plan will serve as our “Roadmap,” around which we will bring together our constituent Jamaats and community members to help achieve the desired objectives. We will use the approach of Ask, Align and Act to drive the implementation by constantly seeking feedback to ensure our plan evolves around the community’s needs and aspirations aligned with our aims and objectives.
Therefore, constant feedbacks from the Jamaats will enable us to track progress and help for continuous improvements in our plans and strategies where necessary.
Most importantly the objectives stated above cannot be achieved alone, nor accomplished overnight. However, we believe if all community stakeholders join forces and work together with strong aspirations, we can realize our shared vision of – “Building a Vibrant, Sustainable and Progressive Community”.
We are here to serve, upon request from any of the 46 constituent Jamaats we shall make visitations for purposes of consultation, advice or capacity building in the Housing Development Sector.
Chairman – Housing Development Board (2022-2025)