Report on Implementation of Poverty Reduction project at Mboga and Msata Phase 1
Alhamdulillah the Economic Upliftment Project Phase 1, has been successful implemented on 30th October 2022 at Mboga and Msata which is in Pwani region. The implementation came after entrepreneurship training which was carried on 27th September 2022.
Entrepreneurship training provided includes important lessons which conceptualized economic upliftment concept in order to provide knowledge required for reduction of poverty and focuses on economic upliftment through financial aid which was associated in this project.
Possibly financial aid distribution will be conducted in 3 phases, where by phase 1 is already conducted at Mboga and Msata, about 16 people benefited from this project.
1.0 Nature of the Project
The implementation of the project focuses on vulnerable people who are living in threshold of poverty in the community. Beneficiaries in the region are living in less developed areas with other problems such as water problem and low infrastructure. Therefore, through this project, beneficiaries are provided with knowledge and cash transfer in order to initiate or to expand their economic activities concerning their living environment.
1.1 Eligibility condition.
The Bilal Muslim Mission of Tanzania through project management department with regional officers and supervisors in different regions are the ones who are considering eligibility conditions which will determine who receive what amount as supports or transfers according to the needs assessment and available budget.
The eligibility conditions for beneficiaries of this project are as follows.
- Entrepreneurship ability and skills, an individual must have ability to engage in acceptable and lawful economic activity or activities in order to generate income through capital and entrepreneurial skills and knowledge with clear and stated business or business idea.
- Poverty, that an individual should be living in poverty that he does not possess enough wealth or enough means of production.
- An individual must have a Tanzania nationality. This means that he or she should be the citizen of Tanzania with official recognition when needed.
- An individual must write and send his or her loan application letter together with certain analysis of economic activity to the head office of Bilal Muslim Mission of Tanzania.
- Recognition of an individual to first line managers who are representative of the organization in the particular area.
2. Beneficiaries profile
- Beneficiaries are men and women who are known to be active in their community and have qualified according to the above eligibility conditions. Total number of 48 individuals were benefited from the project in this phase 1.
3. Seminars & Training
In all our seminars with beneficiaries, we tried to make them aware of entrepreneurship and business knowledge and how to use this knowledge to bring about changes especially in economic aspect. Briefly, the training was focused on the angles such as financial loan, entrepreneurship in general, business in Islam, capital formation and saving.
This subject taught because of the reality that in everything worthy there are some challenges.
4.0 Our expectation
What we expect is that, all beneficiaries from this phase one would use the knowledge which they have been provided or will be provided with through entrepreneurship seminars and training they attended. Through that knowledge and financial aid, beneficiaries will gradually develop economically Insha’Allah so that to fight against poverty.
Also, we expect that our donors and volunteers will be continue supporting economic and social development to poor community through this project and other projects with the same target and goals.
We pray to the Almighty to give us tawfiq in serving humanity better Insha’Allah.
(Project Management Department)